Monday 13 January 2014

OUGD504: Design for web, Final

Here is my final designs for the website.

For my final design I was trying to reflect a combination of clean, simple, modernist elements to mirror the intelligent and complex design of Shigeo Fukuda. I used grey and white colours for the pages and added the red to reflect Japan.

Homepage: 

The homepage features a small introduction to what the website is about. If I had the skill I would have had the pictures in the background slowly transitioning between different pictures of Fukuda. If I could code the site fully the logo would also be a homepage button.



Timeline:

Here is the timeline page, which gives you a timeline of Fukudas work and the awards he's won over the years. You can scroll down to view the rest of the page.


Here is the timeline page fully opened up:




Gallery:

The gallery page lets you view Shigeos work, the arrows either side let you click back and forth through each image.


When you click on an image it pops up even bigger so you can view it in detail. I added this interactive element because it gives the user more freedom when navigating around the page:



About:

The about page gives you a more in depth read on who Shigeo Fukuda is and his life. Again there is a scroll down option which allows you to view the whole page.


 Here is what the about page looks like in full:




Shop:

The shop allows you to buy Shigeos fantastic work, in different sizes. If I was able to fully code the website, when adding work to your shopping cart the figures would add up and total at the side of the page. When you click checkout I would have this to then link you to PayPal where you could safely finish your transaction. The arrows at the side would also allow you to click back and forth through his work. I found that when looking at websites which didn't have any interactive features, or any websites without the option to go further from the site, it felt a bit basic, and a bit out dated. I added the shopping element because it confirms to you that the website is up to date and it allows you to further interact with the site, rather than just clicking from page to page.



Here is the site with out the mac, for a better view of what it looks like:












No comments:

Post a Comment