Friday 16 May 2014

OUGD505: Studio brief 2 - Printed Ephemera

As well as the promotional material I have designed things to hand out to the kids on arrival to the event, as well as other printed material which is appropriate.

Hot dog book/ event programme

I've produced what I'm familiar with as being called a hot dog book, which is a booklet made with one peace of paper, no binding. This booklet is the programme for the event, its small, easy to read, colourful, and there is a few activities for the kids to get involved with on the back. Also if you fold the booklet out on the back is a poster.

I sketched an idea of what I wanted in the booklet:




Before taking it to the computer I needed to see how the paper folded, and to see what sides were the right to design on for when it folds together.





I then took my design on to the computer:

I kept the design simple, colourful and easy to read.












I printed out a mock up version of the final thing and had a small crit with Will. He said that the design is brilliant, suitable for children but it needs to be bigger.






Here is the final design for the front:


I also designed a poster for the back of the programme:



This is the final poster:


Lanyard

The lanyard allows the children to get interactive and write on it, whatever they want.





Here is the final Lanyard, front and back:



Notebook

The kids will receive a notebook which they can draw on.





Here is the front cover, one of the pages and the back:




Wristband

On arrival when entering the children will be given a wrist band, to show that they have 
paid:








T shirt

I also designed T shirts which the children can purchase:






Glasses and packaging

So for the kids to view the Eclipse safely I've designed some glasses as well as the packaging for them. 






With the packaging I printed out mock ups to check the size, and to see how to fold and stick it. The red labels were to see how the labels looked when on the outside and then on the inside:








Final Design







No comments:

Post a Comment