Monday 17 February 2014

OUGD503: Studio Brief 1 - Billiards Box Design




I started by sketching out ideas of what I thought I could create:





After looking at traditional signage and packaging etc, I sketched out some type. My idea was to have the box to look like a chalk board, like a pub sign:






I scanned the image in and developed it digitally:




The design I tried to mimic was that of a pub chalk board, I wanted it to look quite battered and old.




The game is for children 12+ so I tried to keep it playful and friendly. 




 Below is the final box design which I submitted:




Evaluation:

I completed the brief in a day, which was enough time to get it completed, I was happy with the final outcome. The brief asked for a front design and a back. For the over all aesthetic I went for a traditional chalk board pub sign, I thought this best represented billiards as a sport, which is a game mainly played bars and pubs.












No comments:

Post a Comment