Thursday 15 May 2014

OUGD505: Studio brief 2 - Name/ Logo

I started by coming up with a name and an appropriate logo for my event. After looking at design for children I sketched out some ideas:


I decided upon the name 'Eclpse'. The reason for this being: the event is about the eclipse, and, taking away the 'I' is similar to when the moon passes over the sun, it makes it disappear. 

I started by sketching out some ideas of how I wanted the logo to look. I wanted it to be very friendly and playful. I took the ideas I liked best and mocked them up digitally:


So i started by incorporate a circle into the design, as this represented the moon.




I tried to use a font that stood out, and was quite friendly.


Here I placed the font in front of the circle, acting like an eclipse.



I then created an eclipse out of two vectors and applied the name




I used 'MMXV' because I thought the moon has this pre historic sense about it, and the roman numerals helped show this.




I had a small crit with Jasper and Will and they said that it looks too much like a festival logo, and didn't suit children. So I went back to my sketches and produced this:


I liked the sketchy style as it was very playful and child like:





I tried out a few different fonts, and colours to see what worked best but found it really hard to decided on a font that best suited the occasion.













At this point I started to dislike the logo and drew up this one really quickly, which seemed to work really well:


I played around with the font, and the colours and came up with this final logo:




No comments:

Post a Comment