Thursday 15 May 2014

OUGD505: Studio brief 2 - Promotional Material 1

After getting my logo started I applied it to a poster and a flyer. As my logo was very illustrative I decided that the theme for my event would also be this way, keeping the audience in mind.

I wrote a list of what promotional material I wanted for the event just so I could make a mental note and get it down on paper, and sketched out some poster designs.



I was happy with the ideas I had so I tried digitalising them:










I tried to capture the area (kendal) in the illustrations, to make it more familiar and relatable, also to add a little more colour as a felt it was lacking some:



I played around with different text seeing what worked best. After showing this to Will he said it looked like a flyer to a music event for students, so I had to decided how I could make it more playful.




I decided to place the text on a wooden sign, similar to the signage at Kendal Castle.



I designed a rocket, and added it to the background as I felt it needed more detail, something for children to look at and get interested by:







I added stars in the sky to add to the space effect and added all the correct information:


Here is my final poster. The idea of the poster is that it can be put up in schools, in and around the town to gain awareness of the event.


Since the doing the final poster I've added some extra illustrations to it as the bottom bit was looking a bit bare:



As well as the poster I also produced a flyer, something that can be passed around by hand and given to parents and children. The flyer is friendly, easy to read and has all the appropriate information.






Here is the final flyer design:








No comments:

Post a Comment